Another summer has come and gone and with fall comes the baseball postseason begins officially today. A slight difference this year with “Canada’s team” the Toronto Blue Jays in the playoffs for the first time in a couple decades.
While we can all be thankful that Sportsnet isn’t allowed to produce their own broadcast of the game, viewers can still get their dose of Buck, Tabby and Zaun awfulness. For today’s game one at the Rogers Centre, Sportsnet will will have a 90-minute pre-game show beginning at 2pm ET on the Sportsnet regional channels. Jamie Campbell and Gregg Zaun will host with Zaun’s hockey equivalent Don Cherry making an appearance. Buck Martinez and Pat Tabler will join the panel and Shi Davidi, Barry Davis and Hazel Mae will also be in attendance. There will be a one-hour pre-game for additional Jays games. For those listening on the the Sportsnet/Blue Jays Radio Network, Jerry Howarth, Joe Siddall and Mike Wilner with cover all Jays postseason games.
For game one and three, Fox Sports will be covering the game with Kenny Albert, Tom Verducci, Harold Reynolds and Ken Rosenthal calling the action. The second game will be produced by MLB Network and will have the great Bob Costas along with Jim Kaat, Harold Reynolds, and Ken Rosenthal.
Note that, like last year, there will be a game (Royals-Astros game 3) exclusive to MLB Network and not broadcast on Sportsnet. MLB Network is available only to Rogers subscribers despite being available for two years now. Hard to say whether MLB is charging too much for carriers to pick it up or carriers don’t think it is worth it.
Full LDS schedule is below. All times are eastern and times/networks subject to change.
Thursday, October 8
- ALDS Game 1: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays — 3:30pm on Sportsnet, RDS
- ALDS Game 1: Houston Astros at Kansas City Royals — 7:30pm on Sportsnet, RDS
Friday, October 9
- ALDS Game 2: Rangers at Blue Jays — 12:30pm on Sportsnet, RDS
- ALDS Game 2: Astros at Royals — 3:30pm on Sportsnet, RDS2
- NLDS Game 1: Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals — 6:30pm on Sportsnet, TVA Sports 2
- NLDS Game 1: New York Mets at Los Angeles Dodgers — 9:30pm on Sportsnet and Sportsnet 360, TVA Sports 2
Saturday, October 10
- NLDS Game 2: Cubs at Cardinals — 5:30pm on Sportsnet One
- NLDS Game 2: Mets at Dodgers — 9pm on Sportsnet One and Sportsnet 360
Sunday, October 11
- ALDS Game 3: Royals at Astros — 4pm on MLB Network
- ALDS Game 3: Blue Jays at Rangers — 8pm on Sportsnet
Monday, October 12
- ALDS Game 4: Royals at Astros — 1pm on Sportsnet, RDS
- ALDS Game 4: Blue Jays at Rangers — 4pm on Sportsnet, RDS
- NLDS Game 3: Dodgers at Mets — 6pm on Sportsnet One, TVA Sports
- NLDS Game 3: Cardinals at Cubs — 8:30pm on Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Tuesday, October 13
- NLDS Game 4: Cardinals at Cubs — 4:30pm on Sportsnet, TVA Sports 2
- NLDS Game 4: Dodgers at Mets — 8pm on Sportsnet, TVA Sports 2
Wednesday, October 14
- ALDS Game 5: Rangers at Blue Jays —4pm on Sportsnet, RDS
- ALDS Game 5: Astros at Royals —8pm on Sportsnet, RDS
Thursday, October 15
- NLDS Game 5: Mets at Dodgers — 8pm on Sportsnet, TVA Sports 2