Trade Deadline Day 2015 will the the first since Sportsnet took over all national NHL rights. Whether this makes a difference for viewers or not remains to be seen later in the week when the ratings come out. Last year’s TSN broadcast on deadline day had four times as many viewers as Sportsnet, TSN averaged 243,000 vs. 63,000 on Sportsnet — all poor souls who apparently haven’t harnessed the ability of getting push alerts on their phones instead of watching television for ten hours.
SPORTSNET HOCKEY CENTRAL
Begins at 8am ET for ten hours on all four Sportsnet regional channels, Sportsnet.ca and Sportsnet Now.
- Main Desk – Host Daren Millard is joined by Mike Johnson, Nick Kypreos and Kelly Hrudey to navigate a day’s worth of news
- Breaking News Desk – Christine Simpson is joined by Elliotte Friedman, Chris Johnston and John Shannon to deliver the latest trades and rumours
- Reaction Panel – Jeff Marek referees the expert panel of Glenn Healy, Doug MacLean, Darren Pang and Craig Simpson as they debate and discuss the big moves
- Analytics – Damien Cox dissects the trades of the day, using analytics to explain why a player was traded and what the teams were looking for
- In the Hot Seat – George Stroumboulopoulos provides insightful interviews and discussions throughout the day
- Digital Zone – Sophia Jurksztowicz keeps a pulse on the fan reaction on social media
- Around the League – Sportsnet’s comprehensive network of reporters check in from across the league to share reactions in real-time
Begins at 8am ET for ten hours on the four regional TSN feeds TSN1/3/4/5, TSN.ca and TSN GO.
- Host: James Duthie
- Trade Breaker Desk: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, and Gord Miller
- Instant Analysis Panel: Aaron Ward, Ray Ferraro, Jeff O’Neill, Pierre McGuire
- Deadline Panel: Darren Dutchyshen, Martin Biron, and Ron Wilson
- Trade Bait: Craig Button
- Post2Post: Jamie McLennan
- TSN The Reporters Panel: Dave Hodge with Michael Farber, Toronto Sun’s Steve Simmons, and Toronto Star’s Bruce Arthur
- Satellite Contributors: Gary Lawless, Francois Gagnon, and Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch
- Social Contributor: Cabral “Cabbie” Richards
- SPORTSCENTRE Updates: Jennifer Hedger
- SPORTSCENTRE Bureau Reporters: Cory Woron, Mark Masters, Jermain Franklin, Sara Orlesky, Farhan Lalji, Brent Wallace, John Lu, Ryan Rishaug, Sheri Forde, and Matthew Scianitti
Free agent Dustin Penner was scheduled to be apart of TSN’s coverage as a “social contributor” alongside Cabral Richards, however Penner has been cut after making a couple of rape “jokes” on Twitter last night (Saturday). Unfortunately, Cabbie will still be on screen.