With over 13 hours of coverage, the 15th annual Hockey Day In Canada takes place this Saturday from Halifax, Nova Scotia. It will feature an NHL triple-header included in the five national games taking place featuring all seven Canadian teams. Also included is a CHL double-header on Friday and Saturday night from Halifax.
George Stroumboulopoulos will be front-and-centre hosting from the Hockey Central studio in Toronto, while Ron MacLean will be on-location at the Outdoor Oval in Halifax. Kelly Hrudey, Elliotte Friedman and Nick Kypreos join Stroumboulopoulos in Toronto, with Don Cherry, Cassie Campbell-Pascall, Jennifer Botterill, and NHL alumni including Wendel Clark, Lanny McDonald and Guy Carbonneau joining MacLean in Halifax.
The broadcast will also visit the following communities throughout the day:
- South Delta, BC (Ladner Leisure Centre) – Sportsnet’s James Cybulski will be joined by former Canucks goalie Kirk McLean
- Downsview, ON (Scotiabank Pond) – Sportsnet’s Carly Agro will be joined by former Leafs forward Shayne Corson
- Chambly, QC (Isatis Sport Chambly) – Sportsnet’s Chantal Desjardins will be joined by former Habs goalie Jose Theodore
Back-to-back Halifax Moosehead games from Scotiabank Centre will highlight the CHL part of the broadcast with games on Friday night (7pm ET on Sportsnet) and on Saturday night (7pm ET on Sportsnet). Host Rob Faulds will be joined by analysts John Shannon and Todd Warriner, while RJ Broadhead calls play-by-play alongside analyst Sam Cosentino. Saturday’s game features a special ceremonial puck drop with MacLean and Cherry.
The full schedule is below. All times are Eastern.
- Noon – Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada: Celebrating the Game – Part 1 (CBC, Sportsnet)
- 2 p.m. – Edmonton Oilers vs. Ottawa Senators (CBC, Sportsnet)
- 5 p.m. – Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada: Celebrating the Game – Part 2 (CBC, Sportsnet)
- 5 p.m. – Hockey Central (SN360)
- 6:30 p.m. – Hockey Central Saturday (CBC, Sportsnet, SN1 and City excluding Toronto)
- 7 p.m. – Winnipeg Jets vs. Detroit Red Wings (City)
- 7 p.m. – Montreal Canadiens vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (CBC)
- 7 p.m. – Cape Breton Screaming Eagles vs. Halifax Mooseheads (Sportsnet)
- 10 p.m. – Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Flames (CBC)
- 10 p.m. – Washington Capitals vs. Los Angeles Kings (SN1)
- 1 a.m. – Hockey Night in Canada Post-Game (CBC)
Commentator pairings can be found in the weekly NHL Schedule post.