Less than a week out from London 2012, CTV has finally released their iOS app for Canadian viewers. Video is ad-supported, geo-restricted to Canada, and only available to stream via WiFi. It features live video of CTV, TSN, Sportsnet, and up to 15 world feed streams.
If you are something a little more generic, London 2012: The Official Results App is also now available for your downloading pleasure. The official app provides all the latest news, schedules and results, details of sports, medal tables as well as athlete profiles. Personally, I’ll be taking advantage of the reminder and notification features as to keep track of results of my adopted home here, as well as the motherland of Australia who will be sure to dominate as usual. *prepares for hate*
See below for full features of both apps.
CTV Olympic App: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/ctv-olympics-london-2012/id536865830?mt=8
London 2012 Official App: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/london-2012-official-results/id536513070?l=en&mt=8
CTV Key Features:
• Up-to-the minute video highlights, news as well as results and schedules for every Olympic event.
• Viewers’ Guide, providing easy access to London 2012 coverage on CTV, TSN and Sportsnet.
• Ultimate Fan: Compete in challenges, climb the leaderboard and enter for a chance to attend the London 2012 Closing Ceremony.
• Passion to Win: Answer trivia, prediction and decoding questions to accumulate points and win daily Samsung prizes.
Coming July 27:
• Live video streaming of CTV, TSN and Sportsnet Olympic broadcasts.
• Additional live video coverage of up to 15 Olympic events via the World Feed.
• Social Scene TV ‘companion’ experience, including live commentary from fans, athletes and experts, contextual trivia and Olympic Games facts.
Official London 2012 Key features include:
• Results: Covering all events for the 36 sports for the Olympics.
• Live Schedule: Follow the latest sporting Olympic events that are currently in progress. View results in real-time and share with your friends. View live updates: news, photos and social commentary from the Games.
• Calendar Schedule: View day-by-day which sporting events are taking place in the Olympic schedule. Set favourites or reminders to create a personalised selection tailored for you.
• Sports: View details of each of the sports; all the latest results, latest news, latest pictures and background information including football, swimming and track.
• Medals: View the overall Olympic medal count as they are awarded throughout the Games – by country, by individual and by sport. Learn more about the medals.
• Athletes: View all the participating athletes and review their details and current Olympic standings for London 2012. Use the sophisticated search tool to personalise your experience and follow the performance of your favourite athletes.
• My Games: Follow any participating country and receive news and updates tailored to your needs. Manage your favourites, reminders and settings. Stay informed: set up notifications and alerts to keep you posted throughout the Games.