The NHL isn’t the only league with playoff hockey this may. The Canadian Hockey League postseason wraps up in the next week with the Memorial Cup. Sportsnet will show complete coverage of every game. Here are more details.
With the Canadian Hockey League Championship up for grabs, Sportsnet heads to Shawinigan, Que. for comprehensive coverage of the 2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup. Sportsnet is there every step of the way to the Championship Final with multiplatform coverage across television, radio, digital, mobile and print, kicking off on Friday, May 18 at 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m. PT on Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific as the host team Shawinigan Cataractes battle the Edmonton Oil Kings.
From the first puck drop to the hoisting of the Memorial Cup, HOCKEY CENTRAL host Daren Millard and analysts Nick Kypreos and John Garrett will be live on location at the Centre Bionest in Shawinigan to provide pre-game, intermission and post-game analysis. Play-by-play commentator RJ Broadhead and analyst Sam Cosentino will call all of the games, alongside host Rob Faulds.
Sportsnet primes fans for the highly-anticipated CHL tournament with the MasterCard Memorial Cup Preview Show on Thursday, May 14 at 8 p.m. ET on Sportsnet ONE. The one-hour special, hosted by Millard, Kypreos and Garrett, will feature predictions from the panel, introduction to the stars playing the MasterCard Memorial Cup and the top plays of the year from Friday Night Hockey. Broadhead and Cosentino will also appear with analysis and Faulds will look back at the history of the tournament
Continue after the break for the complete schedule and the rest of the PR.
All times Eastern and all games on the four regional Sportsnet channels.
Friday 5/18, 7:00pm – Edmonton Oil Kings vs. Shawinigan Cataractes
Saturday 5/19, 7:00pm – Saint John Sea Dogs vs. London Knights
Sunday 5/20, 7:00pm – Shawinigan Cataractes vs. London Knights
Monday 5/21, 7:00pm – Saint John Sea Dogs vs. Edmonton Oil Kings
Tuesday 5/22, 7:00pm – London Knights vs. Edmonton Oil Kings
Wednesday 5/23, 7:00pm – Shawinigan Cataractes vs. Saint John Sea Dogs
Thursday 5/24, 7:00pm – Tie Breaker (If Necessary)
Friday 5/25, 7:00pm – Semi-Final (3 vs. 4)
Sunday 5/27, 7:00pm – Championship Final
And here is the rest of Sportsnet’s release.
TV – Sportsnet
· Sportsnet’s entire broadcast schedule features all games in prime time including: Round Robin, Tie Breaker (if necessary), Semifinal and 2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup Championship Final. Please see below for complete broadcast schedule
· Sportsnet brings fans closer to the action with special broadcast features including the utilization of a wireless handheld camera to capture compelling moments during stoppages in play and goal celebrations
· Sportsnet Connected and HOCKEY CENTRAL keep fans up to date with all the latest news, highlights and post-game reaction from the MasterCard Memorial Cup, all tournament-long
Digital and Mobile – sportsnet.ca and Sportsnet Mobile
· sportsnet.ca will feature live streaming through a secondary stream with uninterrupted game action, including live post-game press conferences from both teams and analysis from King and Faulds
· sportsnet.ca keeps fans in-the-know all throughout the tournament with pre-tournament polls and power rankings; a pre-tournament roundtable with Cosentino, Patrick King and Neate Segar from Yahoo! Sports discussing key storylines and players to watch; and scores, news and highlights. King and Cosentino will also file reports every day during the tournament
· Sportsnet Mobile keeps fans plugged into all the latest news, scores and stats from the MasterCard Memorial Cup with the HOCKEY CENTRAL app on iPad and Playbook
Radio – Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN
Sportsnet 590 The FAN is home to every game from the 2012 MasterCard Memorial Cup on sportsnet590.ca, with Mel Raskin calling play-by-play while former NHLer Drake Berehowsky provides analysis
Sportsnet 590 The FAN and Sportsnet 960 The FAN will keep fans connected to the MasterCard Memorial Cup with scores, interviews and updates
Print – Sportsnet magazine
· The newest issue of Sportsnet magazine (June 4, 2012; Vol. 02, No. 10) hitting newsstands tomorrow (Thursday, May 17), primes fans for the MasterCard Memorial Cup, previewing top prospects from each team in the tournament.
Nick Kypreos: @RealKyper, https://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper
John Garrett: @SNJohnGarrett, https://twitter.com/#!/SNJohnGarrett
Daren Millard: @darenmillard, https://twitter.com/#!/darenmillard
RJ Broadhead: @SNRJBroadhead, https://twitter.com/#!/SNRJBroadhead
Rob Faulds: @SNFaulds, https://twitter.com/#!/SNFaulds
Patrick King: @SNPatrickKing, https://twitter.com/#!/SNPatrickKing
Sportsnet: @Sportsnet, https://twitter.com/#!/Sportsnet