Fan 590 Ratings Up
Usually I don’t bother with any radio news, but I know many who read (who live in the Toronto area) are interested in Fan 590 ratings. So here is a press release Sportsnet issued earlier today.
Sportsnet 590 The FAN continues to dominate the Toronto sports radio airwaves, with significant audience growth in the key sports demographic (Males 25-54) for all weekday programming. According to today’s Bureau of Broadcast Measurement (BBM) R2 2012 (March – May) survey, Sportsnet 590 The FAN’s total share of tuning in the GTA has increased dramatically for the R2 period (March – May) representing a 52% increase (4.4 share to 6.7 share) from the R1 2012 period (Dec. – Feb.).
“Sportsnet 590 The Fan has been the overwhelming destination for Toronto sports fans year over year, but today’s numbers demonstrate a remarkable achievement as we continue to experience tremendous growth in our already commanding audience base,” said Don Kollins, Program Director, Sportsnet 590 The FAN. “This is the result of a total team effort – from morning to night our team provides our listeners with compelling content focusing on the topical issues of the day, all delivered with an interactive and unique approach by our tremendous on-air personalities.”
Each daytime show on Sportsnet 590 The FAN has experienced double-digit growth from the R1 to R2 survey periods:
· Brady and Lang in the Morning (5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. ET) – increased share of hours tuned from 4.4 share to 6.0 (36% increase)
· The Jeff Blair Show (9 a.m. to 12 noon ET) – increased share of hours tuned from 3.8 share to 5.5 (45% increase)
· Hockey Central @ Noon (12 noon to 1 p.m. ET) – increased share of hours tuned from 4.8 share to 7 (46% increase)
· Tim & Sid (1 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET) – increased share of hours tuned from 5.5 share to 8.9 (62%)
· Prime Time Sports with Bob McCown (4 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET) – increased listenership from 9.1 share to 10.6 (16% increase)